First I want to say HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all the mothers out there. I hope you are having a wonderful relaxing day.
And a HAPPY HAPPY Mother's Day to my own mom, who I love so very much. Thank you for all you have given me in this life mom, I couldn't imagine life without you.
So back in January I shared a list of things I wanted to do around the house. We have been working on several of those things.One of the things I wanted to do was get a new comforter for our bedroom. Originally I wanted one from fingerhut that I really liked, but I am so glad that I didn't get it back then because I ended up finding one I love SO much more. One that just fits with our new turquoise kick we are on.
So when the BED BATH AND BEYOND catalog came I just briefly glanced through it. The moment I saw the comforter I knew I had to have THIS for our bedroom. I love the turquoise with the grey.
It just happened that the turquoise pillows on the couches in the living room were a perfect match.I have plans to make or buy some Euro shams for the big square pillows in a grey color.
I have several plans for other projects in this room. I plan to :
- paint the walls the same shade of grey that is in the comforter
- paint the lamps silver
- get new white lamp shades
- paint the candle holders on the dresser silver
- hang some framed photos on the walls, black frames
- new curtains
- XL canvas prints for each side wall of the bed
- new turquoise candles around the room
- silver frames on the dresser
- paint the tall dresser black with silver knobs
- add a turquoise blanket to the end of the bed
- make a stool for the end of the bed
I have already started on a few of these things. I can't wait to have it all come together and share some of these projects with you.