Recently I was browsing around on pinterest and I came across a recipe that looked pretty good. I decided to try it out for dinner one night. I did however change some things on the original recipe to make it a little different.
HERE is the one I cam across, and it was called a taco bake, and I changed the name of ours.
I am going to share with you my version which I call
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
WHAT YOU NEED :
4 cups of shredded cheese ( I used mexican blend and cheddar )
a large can of refried beans
ground beef ( I used about 3 pounds for ours )
2 jars of salsa con queso ( I bought the Newman's Own brand, but you can use whatever brand you want )
1. Brown the hamburger meat and drain it. Add taco season and mix well. Let cook for a bit to get the taco seasoning soa
While you are doing this turn on your oven to preheat to 350 degrees.
2. Add the 2 jars of salsa con queso.
3. Layer the bottom of your baking dish (or in my case a throw out metal tin) with tortillas . I just cut my tortillas in half and layered them to cover the bottom.
4. Add a layer of refried beans on top of the tortillas, then a layer of the meat mixture, then top with shredded cheese. ( I made 4 layers so I did 1/4 of each thing for each layer )REPEAT the layers.
5. Finish the very top with a little extra cheese and cover with foil.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Slice up like lasagna and top with your choice of toppings.
We used shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes and a little sour cream on top.
It is very good and a definite keeper on our dinner list.