THIS PAST WEEK :
- The kids had NO SCHOOL Monday becuase of Columbus Day. They always love an extra day off, and frankly so do I . They already don't have school on Friday's, so it was nice to have a 4 day weekend.
- I worked Monday and Tuesday again this week.
- Jacob's work schedule was all crazy this week. He worked day shift, got a day off, worked grave yard, got a day off then 2 more days of day shift.
- Had to do our health insurance enrollment. Always not fun to see how much comes out of his check each week just for this. I mean don't get me wrong, I am thankful for having health insurance, but it has been so all over the place the last few years with his company and we finally had Kaiser, which I loved and then it got changed again and also went up $300.00 a month.
- Jacob submitted his application for a job at another cement plant in Arizona. They have been calling him asking him to apply for quite some time now. The time never seemed right, but now, maybe it is just our time to move. We will just have to wait and see how everything pans out.
- Jacob's parents came over for dinner on Wednesday night. Jacob bbq'd steaks and made baked potatoes. SO GOOD. The steaks were cooked perfectly.
- I had an early appointment down the hill on Thursday morning so I had to drop the kids off at my sister in laws house at 6:30am. It was crazy getting up and going while it was still dark out. The kids did great and got up easily and got dressed with no problems. THANK GOODNESS.
- I got new doctor appointments made for me and Jacob, new dentist appointments made for each of us and the kids, and little Jacob an appointment with our old pediatric orthopedic doctor down at Children's Hospital of Los Angeles.
THIS WEEKEND :
- Saturday we spend the day relaxing at home most of the day. Jacob ran to the junk yard for a part for the truck and I cleaned up around the house, I even got the kitchen mopped. I got my wood sign orders all cut and glued together.
- The kids had their first ever sleep over. The little girls from next door stayed the night. They were all so darn excited, and Caleb and one of them stayed up so late playing games on the computer.
- Today is Sunday the 19th, which means it has been 11 years today since my dad passed away. I will never forget that phone call as I was getting ready to go to work.
- Today I painted all the wood signs for my orders and a few for our house too.
THIS WEEK AHEAD :
- This coming Friday is the funeral for Jacob's friend and co worker that died in the mtorcylce accident recently.
WORKING ON :
- Still working on sharing all my project life pages on my blog to get all caught up.
- All of my wood sign orders.
PROJECT LIFE :
- Did anyone see the announcement that Becky Higgins and her team are accepting applications for the new PROJECT LIFE DESIGN TEAM 2015? I am thinking of applying.
- We got to watch the first episode in this seasons WALKING DEAD.
- Tonight after the kids get in bed we will be watching the next epsidode as well.
- I am still behind on all my other shows, so maybe this week I can slowly watch them little by little.
- Finally it is starting to feel like Fall around here. Much cooler weather and I am loving it.
- I have been craving a Jersey Mike's turkey sandwich for weeks and on Thursday I finally had one. SO GOOD! I enjoyed every last bit of that thing too.
- I made homemade potatoe soup riday night and it turned out AMAZING. Our neighbor and my new friend stayed to eat and my step dad came by to eat with us as well.
- Saturday night Jacob made homemade fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy and green beans. SO good, it has been so long since we have had fried chicken.